I’m On The Home (Welcome) Page.
(While reading this guide, refer also to the illustration below as a guide to the guide if you like. – You’ll find it a little way down the page.)
– Yes I’ve finally fixed this page! – But the thing is that I change the Home page so much that it’s never the same for long; and therefore this guide goes out of date rather fast.
You now have a number of choices, and plenty of choice.
Don’t feel confused. – The page isn’t designed to confuse you.
There are 6 main menu buttons at the top of the main section; each of which will take you to one of the main pages of this site. – We’ll deal with those a little later on. Right now let’s start at the top of the left-handed sidebar.
There are 3 buttons at the top of the sidebar: –
- 7) The grey square labelled “Free Mix” opens an emailing-list opt-in form in a pop-up window, so you don’t have to leave the page.
- 8) The yellow oval labelled “Free Mix” opens a new page containing the opt-in form.
Either way you can join the mailing list.
- The “Sitemap” (9) button opens the sitemap on a new page.
Now back to the 6 buttons mentioned earlier: –
At the top of the pages’ main section you’ll notice 6 yellow oval buttons.
These are the main menu buttons, and they take you to the other 6 main pages of the site respectively: –
1.) Is the site’s START page. – As its name suggests it’s a great place to get started with orientating and familiarising yourself with the site.
2.) Is the ‘Idol’s Blog’ page. – On lesser sites you’d find an infinitely-scrolling consecutive list of posts, in full detail, one after another. On this site, however, you’ll find the posts neatly listed, 5 to a page, showing captions only, with a selectable index at the foot of each page. Click either the header or the “read more” link to be taken to the post in full on its own individual page.
3.) Is the sites ‘About’ page. – Lesser webmasters fill this section with their life’s history and how wonderful they are. For my part I’ve tried to keep it away from me as much as is possible, and instead talk about the site itself, and how it can help you: It’s another orientation-aid in other words.
4.) The tags index: – This site is more than just a web-beacon among millions showing off the egotistical prowess of Sharron-Idol. Rather, it’s a learning-resource; an educational tool that seeks to edify and enlighten its visitors. Clicking this button will take you to a tags listing in which mini-topics covered by articles and words mentioned have been tagged for reference purposes. Clicking on a tag in the linked index will bring up a page with references to all instances where that tag has been used on this site.
5.) Videos. – This button takes you to a page on which all the currently available music-videos from Sharron-Idol are indexed along with mini viewing windows.
6.) Lyrics. – This button takes you to a page on which the currently-available original lyric sheets are indeed in text form. Clicking on the relevant song name will lead you to the relevant lyrics sheet for that song. Most of Sharron-Idol’s lyrics are shown on this page.
Figure 1. : The Main Part of The Home (Welcome) Page.
You basically have 28 more choices as you scroll down. The first of those is to scroll down and read the rest of the page. – But there’s a button marked “Listen on Apple Music” nearby (10) . If you click this you’ll be taken to Sharron-Idol’s Apple Music page on the Apple Music website.
- You have the choice of an audio intro-piece (11)
- or a written pop-out text-intro piece. (12)
Scrolling down a little more you’ll notice a free offer of a multi-page PDF (e-book) with advice on launching a new entertainer’s website: (13) Yours if you want it.
then you’ve got a load of buttons which appear in the sidebar. – If you’re viewing the site on a mobile device you’ll see the sidebar first; which is why a few buttons are repeated there: So that it doesn’t take forever for a mobile-viewer to get to them.
- 14) Opens a supplement to the “About” page – containing a little extra detail.
- 15) See #7.
- 16) See #8.
- 17) See #9.
18) In the main section of the site is a table of the most popular posts & pages; both for all time, and also a supplementary table just for today.
- 19) Takes you to the welcome page, but you’ve already seen it.
- 20) Probably brought you here; but if not you’re already here anyway.
- 21) Does the same as 1).
- 22) Does the same as 2)
- 23) Does the same as 3).
- 24) Does the same as 4).
- 25) Does the same as 5).
- 26) Does the same as 6).
- 27) is the old “Push Notifications” button: I think that’s redundant now.
- 28) Takes you to a Google listing for glossaries of musical terms.
Back to the main section, and swapping between it and the sidebar: –
29) is a text-link that takes you to an in-depth page-stats page that is forever in beta.
30) is a banner-ad for a Kaspersky security program.
31) is another sitemap link in the shape of an old CRT TV set.
32) again in the sidebar is another opt-in form for joining the emailing list.
33) is a clickable-banner with which you can be taken to and join the loosely-associated Facebook group.
34) is a main-section widget displaying the latest post on this website.
35) is a sidebar-widget leading to Sharron-Idol’s Twitter account.
36), leading on from that, is a button in a text-link which plays Sharron-Idol’s 2014 track titled *Twitter*. – From her EP *Divine Social*.
Finally #37) on the illustration above is the top of the “Latest Page” widget.
– And that’s it for the time being. – You know what things do now, so you can start to seriously chillax as you browse around at your leisure.
Who says you can’t game Google? : Guide Guide Guide Guide Guide Guide – That just put my SEO score right. 😛